Harmany Hemp Protein Powder 33%Harmany Equine
This product is not available for sale or shipment into California
Have you been looking for a non-GMO, organic protein supplement for your horse? Hemp protein is the answer! You can feed just a small amount or significantly raise your horse's protein intake with all the health benefits of hemp.
Harmany Hemp Protein & Fiber is rich in protein, essential vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, digestive tract cleansing fiber and healthy fats. This is a nutritious balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates/fiber for maintenance and a substitute for common soy and other grain type fillers. Harmany Hemp Protein & Fiber will support a healthy immune system, support a healthy weight and improve the condition of the skin and coat, as well as increase mobility, energy, circulation, and recovery times.
Ingredients: Hemp meal screenings from organic hemp, farmed Colorado, cold pressed and ground into a high protein powder without any processing or flow agents added.
Weight: 10 pounds
More about Hemp:
Hemp is all of the buzz these days, and for good reason. It's a plant with literally thousands of uses. Hemp is used for clothing, to fuel,to paper and everything in between. It is a weed and capable of growing in many different conditions with little additional fertilizer or other inputs. Hemp is nutritious and can have medicinal properties.
- Hemp is known by the Latin plant names as Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica. There is not a clear botanical differentiation between the two species, despite some claims otherwise. And in modern times cross breeding has blurred the lines even more. Hemp is a cannabis plant that contains no detectable level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the ingredient that can make the user “high.”
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are found only in the seeds of the plant. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that cannot be made in the body, so it needs to be eaten.
- Industrial hemp is generally grown for its fiber (stems) and seeds. The plants are grown close to each other to promote tall stemmy fibrous plants with lots of seeds. It contains very little if any of the cannabinoids (CBDs) found in the leaves.
- Medicinal hemp is grown to enhance the leaf and bud growth, with high levels of CBD and no omega-3 or omega-6 fatty acids.
Hemp seeds are the most nutritious part of the plant used as food. They contain about 20 percent protein, six percent carbohydrates and about 73 percent healthy fats. They also have significant amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and vitamins A and E.
Most diets contain an excess of omega-6 (an inflammatory compound). Hemp contains a healthy balance of omega-6 (linolenic acid (25 percent)to omega-3 linoleic acid (55 percent) which is an anti-inflammatory compound and considered a perfectly balanced ratio.
Hemp also contains the omega-6 fatty acid gama linolenic acid (GLA), a compound not frequently found in food. Even though it is a type of omega-6, it has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, as well as cancer fighting immune support and support for insulin resistance (IR).
Hemp protein is highly bio-available, although it is not a complete protein to replace all other sources. One ounce of seed contains 9.2 grams of protein. Sourcing enough hemp seeds to feed your horse has been difficult and expensive. This is changing with Praise Hemp products of Canada being available here, in the United States. Hemp seeds and the protein that comes from the processing of them is a fabulous way to feed your horses protein without genetically modified corn and soybean in the diet.
Hemp oil is now affordable with the Harmany Hemp product line and makes an excellent addition to your horses’ diet for its omega-3 and omega-6’s. It must be refrigerated in the hot weather, so it may not be convenient to feed depending on your barn. It may be easier to feed the seeds, although even those should be kept cool. You could keep a week’s worth at the barn and the rest at home in the air-conditioning in the warm weather.
Hippocrates, many years ago stated: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”And in the case of hemp, it's very true!
- Short Description:
- This product is not available for sale or shipment into California