Harmany Hemp Hearts (Seed)Harmany Equine
Hemp Topping is the raw co-product of making hemp seed nut/hearts. This is the small pieces left from making human hemp seed. Hemp seeds supply Omega 3 fatty acids. This is the first time we have been able to get large size bags of hemp seeds.
A nutritious balance of protein, fat and fiber provides a super charged complete profile supplement for your dog or horse. Add some to every meal, a little goes a long way. Great as a snack out of your hand.
- Feeding: 2-4 oz twice a day for the average horse.
- Ingredients: Organic Hemp Hearts grown in Colorado
- Available in 10 pound bags or 40 pound Bulk bag
More about Hemp:
Hemp is all of the buzz these days, and for good reason. It's a plant with literally thousands of uses. Hemp is used for clothing, to fuel,to paper and everything in between. It is a weed and capable of growing in many different conditions with little additional fertilizer or other inputs. Hemp is nutritious and can have medicinal properties.
- Hemp is known by the Latin plant names as Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica. There is not a clear botanical differentiation between the two species, despite some claims otherwise. And in modern times cross breeding has blurred the lines even more. Hemp is a cannabis plant that contains no detectable level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the ingredient that can make the user “high.”
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are found only in the seeds of the plant. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that cannot be made in the body, so it needs to be eaten.
- Industrial hemp is generally grown for its fiber (stems) and seeds. The plants are grown close to each other to promote tall stemmy fibrous plants with lots of seeds. It contains very little if any of the cannabinoids (CBDs) found in the leaves.
- Medicinal hemp is grown to enhance the leaf and bud growth, with high levels of CBD and no omega-3 or omega-6 fatty acids.
Hemp seeds are the most nutritious part of the plant used as food. They contain about 20 percent protein, six percent carbohydrates and about 73 percent healthy fats. They also have significant amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and vitamins A and E. Most diets contain an excess of omega-6 (an inflammatory compound). Hemp contains a healthy balance of omega-6(linolenic acid (25 percent)to omega-3 linoleic acid (55 percent) which is an anti-inflammatory compound and considered a perfectly balanced ratio.
Hemp also contains the omega-6 fatty acid gama linolenic acid (GLA), a compound not frequently found in food. Even though it is a type of omega-6, it has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, as well as cancer fighting immune support and support for insulin resistance (IR).
Hemp protein is highly bioavailable, although it is not a complete protein to replace all other sources. One ounce of seed contains 9.2 grams of protein. Sourcing enough hemp seeds to feed your horse has been difficult and expensive. This is changing with Harmany Hemp products being available here, in the United States.
Hemp seeds and the protein that comes from the processing of them is a fabulous way to feed your horses protein without genetically modified corn and soybean in the diet.
Hippocrates, many years ago stated: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”And in the case of hemp, it's very true!
This product is not available for sale or shipment into California
- Short Description:
- This product is not available for sale or shipment into California