Harmany Hemp Oil (Omega 3 Fatty Acids)Harmany Equine
Harmany Hemp Seed Oil provides a perfect balance of essential fatty acids; Omega 3,6,9 ideal for canines and equines. Harmany Hemp Oil is cold pressed and organically grown.
Contains 4 Liters (1.05 gallons) organic hemp seed oil, 68 2 oz servings
More about Hemp:
Hemp is all of the buzz these days, and for good reason. It's a plant with literally thousands of uses. Hemp is used for clothing, to fuel, to paper and everything in between. It is a weed and capable of growing in many different conditions with little additional fertilizer or other inputs. Hemp is nutritious and can have medicinal properties.
- Hemp is known by the Latin plant names as Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica. There is not a clear botanical differentiation between the two species, despite some claims otherwise. And in modern times cross breeding has blurred the lines even more. Hemp is a cannabis plant that contains no detectable level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the ingredient that can make the user “high.”
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are found only in the seeds of the plant. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that cannot be made in the body, so it needs to be eaten.
- Industrial hemp is generally grown for its fiber (stems) and seeds. The plants are grown close to each other to promote tall stemmy fibrous plants with lots of seeds. It contains very little if any of the cannabinoids (CBDs) found in the leaves.
- Medicinal hemp is grown to enhance the leaf and bud growth, with high levels of CBD and no omega-3 or omega-6 fatty acids.
Hemp also contains the omega-6 fatty acid gama linolenic acid (GLA), a compound not frequently found in food. Even though it is a type of omega-6, it has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, as well as cancer fighting immune support and support for insulin resistance (IR).
Hemp oil is now affordable with the Harmany Hemp product line and makes an excellent addition to your horses’ diet for its omega-3 and omega-6’s. It must be refrigerated in the hot weather, so it may not be convenient to feed depending on your barn. It may be easier to feed the seeds, although even those should be kept cool. You could keep a week’s worth at the barn and the rest at home in the air-conditioning in the warm weather.
Hippocrates, many years ago stated: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”And in the case of hemp, it's very true!
- Hemp Oil:
- This product is not available for sale or shipment into California